Robert F. Flider
|Robert F. Flider|
|Illinois Director of Agriculture|
|February 2012 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||February 15, 2012|
|Appointed by||Governor Pat Quinn (D)|
|Illinois House of Representatives|
|2003 – 2011|
|Mayor, Village of Mount Zion|
|1995 – 2003|
|Trustee, Village of Mount Zion|
|1991 – 1995|
|Bachelor's||Eastern Illinois University (1979)|
|Birthday||October 22, 1957|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Political career
- 3 Elections/Appointments
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Recent news
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Flider was previously a Democratic member of the Illinois House of Representatives, representing the 101st District from 2003 to 2011. He previously served as Mayor of the Village of Mount Zion from 1995-2003, and a Trustee from 1991-1995.
He is a member of the Decatur Rotary Club, Downtown Decatur Council/Seniorama Committee, Economic Development Corporation of Decatur and Macon County Board of Directors, and the United Way of Decatur and Macon County.
- BA, Journalism, Eastern Illinois University, 1979
Director of Agriculture (2012–Present)
Illinois House of Representatives (2003-2011)
While in the Illinois House of Representatives, Flider served on the following committees:
- Agriculture & Conservation
- Electric Generation & Commerce (Chair)
- Elementary & Secondary Education
- Environment & Energy
- Renewable Energy (Vice Chair)
- Veterans' Affairs
Mayor of Mount Zion (1995-2003)
Gov. Pat Quinn (D) appointed Flider as Illinois Director of Agriculture on February 15, 2012, stating, "It is important that our Agriculture agency is led by someone who understands the key role of agri-business in our economy. Throughout his career, Bob Flider was a tireless, effective leader for rural farming communities and global agri-business leaders. He served his district with distinction, and I am pleased he will continue to serve all the people of our state."
Flider lost his bid for re-election to the 101st District seat to Republican Adam M. Brown. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 101 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Adam M. Brown||51%||15,939|
|Democratic||Robert Flider Incumbent||49%||15,340|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 101 General Election, 2008|
|Democratic||Robert F. Flider Incumbent||100%||37,367|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 101 General Election, 2006|
|Democratic||Robert F. Flider Incumbent||54.5%||16,489|
Comprehensive donor information for Flider is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Flider raised a total of $2,643,437 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 10, 2013.
In 2008, Flider collected $173,078 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2008 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert F. Flider's campaign in 2008|
|Illinois Education Association||$9,500|
|Mid-Central Illinois District Council of Carpenters||$5,351|
|Electrical Workers Local 146||$4,350|
|Southern & Central Illinois Laborers District Council||$4,000|
|Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois||$3,726|
|Total Raised in 2008||$173,078|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Flider + Illinois + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Illinois Department of Agriculture
- Constituency website
- Illinois House Democrats - Robert F. Flider
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Robert F. Flider (D) 101st District
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Farm Progress, "Mt. Zion's Bob Flider Named Director of IL Dept of Ag," February 15, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Flider
- Chicago Sun-Times, "2010 Election Results"
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Robert (Bob) Flider," accessed July 10, 2013
- Flider Campaign Donors
|Illinois Director of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 101
| Succeeded by|
Adam M. Brown (R)