|U.S. House, West Virginia, District 2|
|Other||Graduate certificate, American Military University|
|Service branch||West Virginia Air National Guard.|
|Place of birth||Charles Town, West Virginia|
Fluharty grew up in Colliers, West Virginia and Parkersburg, West Virginia. After graduating high school, he entered the Air Force and eventually joined the West Virginia Air National Guard. Fluharty holds a degree from Marshall University and a graduate certificate from the American Military University. He currently works as an investigator licensed in West Virginia where he performs background investigations on government employees.
Fluharty works as an investigator.
Fluharty’s website highlights the following campaign themes:
1.Budget - I will press hard to establish a federal budget for 2015 and 2016 and vote no on financial delay tactics. I will pass a budget by October first of each year or hold Congress in contempt of itself.
2.Patriot Act - The sunset of the Patriot Act is in 2015. I will vote to protect the Constitution. Domestic surveillance needs to end. The Courts must side with the Constitution and this Act steals away your rights.
3.Protect the Second Amendment - I own or owned everything from a muzzleloader to an assault rifle. The government should not outgun the citizen, for it is the citizen they swear to protect.
4.The Socialization of Government - Charity is a choice and should not be forced on those who succeeded in business. Government is responsible to insure a level playing field, not penalize the winners to pay for the entire game. This applies to everything from the ACA to the tax code.
In regards to healthcare, the answer lies in expansion of existing programs that allow people to receive assistance from a program to which they contributed. There is a better way.
5.Education System - Freedom of education is important to America. The local community should have control over the education of it’s children. The Federal Government needs to return the control to the states.
6.Term Limits should be in place for all members of the House and Senate. Career Politicians lose touch with the state they represent. I would support amendments to limit the length of a congressman to no less than two but no more than five terms. 
Republican primary results
|U.S. House, West Virginia District 2 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ron Walters Jr.||6%||2,107|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Fluharty + West Virginia + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- West Virginia's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2014
- West Virginia's 2nd Congressional District
- West Virignia Secretary of State-Elections, "Candidate Search," accessed January 27, 2014
- Associated Press, "West Virginia - Summary Vote Results," May 13, 2014
- Fluharty for West Virginia, "Candidate Information," accessed February 6, 2014
- Fluharty for WV, "Issues," accessed May 6, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.