|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth and Norfolk|
|1990 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||24|
|Assistant Minority Leader, Massachusetts Senate|
|2010 - present|
|Minority Whip, Massachusetts Senate|
|2006 - 2010|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Deputy Commissioner, Metropolitan District Commission|
|1993 - 1994|
|Birthday||July 12, 1961|
|Place of birth||Quincy, Massachusetts|
Hedlund served in the Senate from 1991 to 1993. He has served on the Metropolitan District Commission as deputy commissioner; the Republican Liberty Caucus National Advisory Board; the SWNA Revise Committee; the National Republican Libertarian Caucus; and the Republican Town Committee for the Town of Weymouth.
Hedlund attended Quincy Junior College, the University of Massachusetts-Boston, and the Wentworth Institute of Technology. His professional experience includes working as a small truck repair business owner from 1979 to 1994, president of Hedlund Motors Incorporated from 1982 to 1992, and a partner in Auto, Truck and Marine Service from 1992 to 1995.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hedlund served on the following committees:
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hedlund served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hedlund served on these committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Community Development and Small Business Joint|
|• Global Warming and Climate Change|
|• Housing Joint|
|• Labor and Workforce Development Joint|
|• Post Audit and Oversight|
|• Public Health Joint|
|• Transportation Joint|
|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth and Norfolk District, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Robert Hedlund Incumbent||51.4%||48,423|
Hedlund won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth and Norfolk District. Hedlund was unopposed in the September 6 Republican primary and defeated Genevieve S. Davis (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth and Norfolk District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Robert Hedlund Incumbent||68.3%||61,686|
Robert Hedlund discusses education policy reform in a video released in September 2013.
Hedlund won re-election to the Plymouth and Norfolk District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Plymouth and Norfolk District|
|Robert Hedlund (R)||52,617|
|Paul Kearny (I)||17,884|
On November 4, 2008, Hedlund won re-election for the Senate election for the Plymouth and Norfolk district. In this election he raised $87,141; of that total $80,186 (97.2%) was from in state contributions and $2,300 (2.8%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Plymouth and Norfolk district|
|Robert Hedlund (R)||71,447|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Hedlund received $81,641 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Hedlund's campaign in 2010|
|Mackinnon, Donald J||$1,000|
|Spurr Jr, John H||$750|
|Kostinden, Thomas V||$750|
|Total Raised in 2010||$81,641|
In 2008 Robert Hedlund collected $87,141 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Massachusetts Association of Realtors||$800|
Robert Hedlund was born in Quincy, Massachusetts and raised in Wenmouth, Massachusetts. He has been involved with a number of organizations, including the Beacon Hill Institute, Fully Informed Jury Association, Gun Owners' Action League, Massachusetts Representative State Committee, South Shore Elder Services, Hingham Sons of Italy, and the Weymouth Lodge Elks #2232.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Robert + Hedlund + Massachusetts + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Two legislators share woes of Lyme disease - Boston Globe
- Norwell board seeks state support over housing battle - Norwell Mariner
- Debate over mercury recycling appears headed for conference - Wicked Local
- Senate delays minimum wage increase until July 1 - The Patriot Ledger
- Westfield Republican Donald Humason sworn in to the Massachusetts State ... - MassLive.com
- LETTER: Business owner thinks wages should stay at the minumum - Wicked Local- Swampscott
- What Beacon Hill has in store for you this week - Cape Cod Today
- State Senate to act on minimum wage bill today - Worcester Telegram
- Officials react to voting proposals - Weymouth News
- State Capitol Briefs - 12/5/2013 - WWLP 22News
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Robert Hedlund on Facebook
- Robert Hedlund on Twitter
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Hedlund
- 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Accessed June 26, 2012
- 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Return of Votes for Massachusetts State Election November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- 2008 contributors to Robert Hedlund
|Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth and Norfolk
| Succeeded by|