|Vermont House Of Representatives, Rutland-3|
|1991 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||23|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Real Estate Agent|
Helm earned his AA from Concord Commercial College in 1972. He worked as owner/operator of Castleton Gardens from 1975 to 1990. From 1990 to 2000, he as owner/operator of Castleton Landscape Company. He is currently a Real Estate Agent.
Helm served on the Board of Selectmen from 1990 to 1995.
Helm served in the United States Marine Corps from 1968 to 1970.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Helm served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Helm served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Helm served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
Helm won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Rutland 3. Helm was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Rutland 2 General Election (2010)|
|William Canfield (R)||2,092|
|Robert Helm (R)||1,923|
Comprehensive donor information for Helm is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Helm raised a total of $0 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 24, 2013.
|Robert Helm's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Rutland-3||$0|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Rutland-2||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$0|
2012Helm won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Helm raised a total of $0.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Helm's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Helm was up for election, he did not collect any money in donations.
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Helm voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Helm and his wife, Caren, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Helm + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official Primary Results
- Vermont Secretary of State - Official primary candidate list
- Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Helm, Robert (Bob)," accessed September 24, 2013
- 2010 campaign contributions
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013