|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 30|
|1996 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 7, 1995|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Date of birth||February 22, 1955|
Huddleston's professional experience includes working as a construction supervisor for Tallahatchie Housing.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Huddleston served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Apportionment and Elections|
|• Corrections, Vice Chair|
|• County Affairs|
|• Fees and Salaries of Public Officers|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Huddleston served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Interstate Cooperation, Chair|
|• Conservation and Water Resources|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Huddleston won re-election to District 30 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He defeated Zachary Harris and Jeffery Kilpatrick in the primary on August 2, 2011. Huddleston was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 30 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|Robert Huddleston Incumbent||54.1%||1,793|
On November 6, 2007, Huddleston was re-elected in District 30. He ran unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 30 (2007)|
|Robert Huddleston (D)||5,092||100.0%|
In 2011, Huddleston received $5,850 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Huddleston's campaign in 2011|
|Johnson Jr, Josehh E||$1,850|
|Johnson Jr, Joseph F||$600|
|Friends Of Cecil Brown||$500|
|Stogner, Mr & Mrs Jerry D||$500|
|Mississippi Association Of Educators||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$5,850|
|Total Votes received in 2011||2,859|
|Cost of each vote received||$2.05|
In 2007, Huddleston collected $700 in donations.
Listed below are the largest contributors to his campaign.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Legislature was in session from January 7 through April 2.
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee: Legislator "Business and Jobs" Report Card
- Legislators are scored on "economic growth, jobs and other broad job-related issues."
Huddleston has been a member of the Aaron E. Henry Community Health Center, Aaron E. Henry Help Center, Vice Chair of ICS, President of MDBI, Vice President of Midway Delta, and a member of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and the Tallahatchie Utility Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Robert + Huddleston + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Huddleston
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Associated Press, "Mississippi Primary Election Results," accessed August 3, 2011
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Robert Huddleston
- StateScape, "Session Schedules," accessed July 29, 2014
- Business and Industry Political Education Committee, "Legislator 'Business & Jobs' Report Card - 2014 Legislative Session," accessed August 30, 2014
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |