Robert Kennedy (Michigan)
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 106|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Kennedy's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Michigan’s Natural Resources
- Excerpt: "It is my sincere hope that once we experience the beauty and the positive effect it has on our individual lives and health that we will all want to preserve and protect it for our children, grandchildren and all who share our ‘Shangri-La’ in the future."
- Excerpt: "Tradition is tied to the past, not the future. Slavery was the tradition for 99% of human history and long defended for that reason. It is now indefensible. Traditional beliefs about gender, sexuality, and relationships are now quickly becoming indefensible."
- Excerpt: "Sufficient disposable income needs to be in the hands of the majority so they can purchase products and services from our business people, thus completing the economic cycle. The rampant income inequality that exists today must be addressed."
Campaign Finance Reform In the Wrong Direction!!!
- Excerpt: "The citizens of the 106th district, and indeed all Michiganders, deserve transparency in our electoral process. Let’s stop this move toward plutocracy and get back to government of the people, by the people, and for the people."
Medicaid Expansion in Michigan
- Excerpt: "Medicaid expansion will save lives and help create a more healthy work force."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Robert Kennedy defeated Rozanne Curley and Scot McKenzie in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Peter Pettalia was unopposed in the Republican primary. Pettalia then defeated Kennedy in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 106 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Peter Pettalia Incumbent||55%||18,618|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 106 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Kennedy + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 106
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Robert Kennedy on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- kennedyfor106th.com, "Issues Blog," accessed August 1, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "Unofficial General Election Results as of November 5, 2014," accessed November 6, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |