|Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection|
|February 3, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Dannel P. Malloy (D)|
|Profession||Attorney, DEEP chief of staff|
An attorney trained in energy and environmental law, Klee was the chief of staff for the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection for nearly three years before becoming commissioner. His appointment was confirmed by the Connecticut General Assembly on March 12, 2014.
Klee attended Princeton University for his undergraduate degrees in geology and environmental science. He went on to earn a law degree from Yale University, as well as a Ph.D in industrial ecology from Yale's School of Forestry and Environmental Studies.
He parlayed his academic credentials into a career as an attorney with the New Haven firm of Wiggin and Dana. There, he focused on appellate as well as energy and environmental cases. He left his job after being hired to serve as chief of staff for the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.
- B.S. in geology and environmental science - Princeton University
- J.D. - Yale University
- Ph.D in industrial ecology - Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection (2014-present)
Klee assumed the role of Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection on February 3, 2014, succeeding commissioner Daniel Esty, who resigned in January in order to return to his professorship at Yale University after a three-year leave of absence.
Klee was appointed Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection by Governor Dan Malloy in January 2014, and he took office on February 3. He was confirmed by the Connecticut General Assembly on March 12, 2014.
Klee and his wife, Anne, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Klee + Connecticut + Environment"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut Commissioner of Environmental Protection
- Daniel Esty
- Governor of Connecticut
- Gov. Dan Malloy
- Governor of Connecticut Dannel P. Malloy, "Press releases: GOV. MALLOY NAMES ROBERT KLEE COMMISSIONER OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION," January 23, 2014
- Norwalk Daily Voice, "Staffer Promoted To Lead Connecticut Energy, Environment Department," January 26, 2014
- The State Senate Democrats of the Connecticut General Assembly, "Press Release: Statement of Senator Duff on Confirmation of DEEP Commissioner Robert Klee," March 12, 2014
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, "Commissioner Robert Klee: Biography," accessed May 6, 2014
|Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection
2014 - present
| Succeeded by|