Robert Lewis, Vermont Representative
|Vermont House Of Representatives, Orleans 1|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
Lewis was a Correctional Officer for the State of New York from 1973 to 1977. He then worked as a Trooper for the Nebraska State Patrol from 1977 to 1984. He then worked for the Vermont State Police as a Trooper from 1984 to 1989. From 1989 to 2007, he was a Game Warden for the State of Vermont.
Lewis attended the State University of New York at Morrisville. He then received his Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice from Ulster Community College. He is a graduate of the New York Correctional Services Academy. He then attended the Nebraska State Police Academy and the Vermont State Police Academy.
- See also: Vermont State Senate elections, 2012
Lewis ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont State Senate Essex-Orleans District. Lewis was unopposed in the August 28 Republican primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Robert Lewis ran for re-election to the Orleans 1 District in 2010. He ran against Frank Davis (D), Lisa Erwin-Davidson (D), Lynn Batchelor (R), and Kenric-Ric Gonyaw (I) in the general election on November 2, 2010. Lewis came in first, successfully winning re-election.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Orleans 1 General Election (2010)|
|Robert Lewis (R)||1,623|
|Lynn Batchelor (R)||1,305|
|Lisa Erwin-Davidson (D)||1,169|
|Frank Davis (D)||814|
|Kenric-Ric Gonyaw (I)||233|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lewis served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Lewis served on these committees:
In 2010, a year in which Lewis was up for election, he collected $3,159 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Lewis, Vermont Representative's campaign in 2010|
|Campaign Research Center||$350|
|Vermont Ski Areas Association||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$3,159|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Lewis + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- EPA proposal could shift war on renewable fuels - Politico
- Hey-Hey, Ho-Ho, Mahmoud Abbas Has Got to Go - Daily Beast
- What Beacon Hill has in store for you this week - Cape Cod Today
- @Page Label_Large_w-rule:PROPERTY SALES - WatertownDailyTimes.com
- Leader in Preserving Blackfoot Language Darrell Kip Walks On - Indian Country Today Media Network
- Jeff Friesen's '50 States Of Lego' Project Takes You Across America - Huffington Post
- The Real Sandy Hook Motive - Daily Beast
- Murphy: Exhibits, book signings, music and merriment - NorthJersey.com
- Erie County Real Estate Transactions - Buffalo News
- RED BANK: A BUSY WINTER FOR PHOENIX - redbankgreen
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Lewis voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
Lewis is married and has two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Vermont Elected Officials and Leaders; Submits Required Presidential Primary Petition," September 29, 2011
- Official primary candidate list
- Vermont Elections Division - 2010 Election Results
- 2010 campaign contributions
- Ethan Allen Institute "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013