|U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs|
|July 29, 2014 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||June 30, 2014|
|Confirmed||July 29, 2014|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Bachelor's||U.S. Military Academy at West Point|
|Master's||University of Utah|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1975-1980|
|Citations||Meritorious Service Medal|
|Place of birth||Gary, Indiana|
McDonald previously served in the U.S. Army before working for Proctor & Gamble for more than 30 years.
McDonald was born in Gary, Indiana, and graduated from West Point in the top two percent of his class.
- 1975: Graduated from U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- 1975-1980: Served as Captain in the United States Army
- 1978: Earned M.B.A. from the University of Utah
- 1980-2013: Various positions at Proctor & Gamble, including CEO, President and Chairman of the Board
- 2014-Present: U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs
|Robert McDonald confirmation vote, July 29, 2014|
|Party||Votes for||Votes against||Total votes|
McDonald is married with two children. They also have grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Robert + McDonald + Secretary + VA
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
|U.S. Secretary of Veterans Affairs
| Succeeded by|