Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Washington|
|J.D.||Stanford University Law School|
|Ph.D.||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Place of birth||Rockville Centre, NY|
Murray's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "Government does not create jobs. The American people create jobs. When supported with a balanced budget, smaller government, and much needed tax reform (corporate and capital gains), the power of the American entrepreneur is released allowing the market to do what it does best – create jobs and grow the economy."
- Excerpt: "Your family lives within a budget – the government should live within one too. At the pace the Country is borrowing, interest payments alone will be $1 billion per day within two years, and $2 billion per day within 10 years. That is unsustainable!"
- Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "Washington doesn’t have a revenue problem – it has a spending problem. At a time of severe economic downturn, job losses and high unemployment, high gas and food prices and government spending at record levels, the last thing that Americans need is more and increased taxes."
- Excerpt: "I am a product of public schools. My mother, sister and mother-in-law are all public school teachers. My children attend public schools. I am a firm believer that the continued growth of American jobs and prosperity, particularly in a knowledge-based, inter-connected, globally competitive world will be determined by the education our children receive."
- Excerpt: "ObamaCare must be repealed. The way to provide affordable access to the best health care system in the world is by providing targeted, market-driven, patient-centered solutions."
Murray is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 19th District. He and incumbent Zoe Lofgren (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 3, 2014, unopposed. They will face off in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Murray ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 19th District. He and district 16 incumbent Zoe Lofgren (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Phat Nguyen (R) and Jay Blas Jacob Cabrera (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Lofgren won.
|U.S. House, California District 19 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Zoe Lofgren Incumbent||73.2%||162,300|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 19 Open Primary, 2012|
|Zoe Lofgren (D) Incumbent||65.2%||60,726|
|Robert Murray (R)||23%||21,421|
|Phat Nguyen (R)||7.7%||7,192|
|Jay Blas Jacob Cabrera (NPP)||4.1%||3,829|
|U.S. House, California's 19th Congressional District, 2012 - Robert Murray Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$858,985|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$626,001|
|Top contributors to Robert Murray's campaign committee|
|Zuber & Taillieu||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Murray is married and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Murray + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 19th Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 19th Congressional District
- California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 28, 2014
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed August 3, 2012
- The New York Times, "California Primary Results," June 3, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014