Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Newburgh Enlarged City Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|Profession||Youth preventive probation program|
Robert Pagliaro is a resident of Orange County, New York. Pagliaro earned his B.A. degree in political science from Siena College in 2011. He is employed as part of the Youth Preventive Probation Program with NHS Human Services.
Robert Pagliaro, incumbents Dawn Fucheck, Mark Levinstein and Thomas Woodhull and six fellow challengers lost to newcomers Kenneth Copertino, Carole Mineo, William Swart and Darren Stridiron for the four at-large seats in the general election on May 20, 2014.
One of the seats up for election was vacated as a result of the death of board member Judith A. McAfee. The candidate who received the most votes but who was not an incumbent, Carole Mineo, received that seat, which carried an unexpired two-year term.
|Newburgh Enlarged City School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||George Bowles, Jr.||7.1%||808|
|Nonpartisan||Dawn Fucheck Incumbent||7%||791|
|Nonpartisan||Mark Levinstein Incumbent||6.3%||716|
|Nonpartisan||Thomas Woodhull Incumbent||4.4%||503|
|Source: Newburgh Enlarged City School District, "School & Library Budget Vote and School Board Election - 5/20/14," accessed July 10, 2014|
Pagliaro did not receive any endorsements during the election.
In a survey conducted by the school district, Pagliaro stated that the following should be the district's top priorities in 2014:
|“||This is a very critical time in the history of the Newburgh Enlarged City School District. In my view the top priorities of the Board of Education as an elected corporate body chosen of and by members of the community is to promote and implement policy comprised in dialog and rooted in fact. Such policy must be supportive of a clear and sustainable vision which maintains the great and unique experiences, success, and resources available to students in the Newburgh School District in the future.||”|
—Newburgh Enlarged City School District candidate survey, (2014)
About the districtOrange County, New York. The county seat of Orange County is Goshen, New York. Orange County is home to 375,592 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. Newburgh Enlarged City is the 10th-largest school district in New York, serving 11,544 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
Orange County underperformed in comparison to the rest of New York in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 28.7 percent of Orange County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 32.8 percent for New York as a whole. The median household income in Orange County was $70,712 compared to $57,683 for the state of New York. The poverty rate in Orange County was 11.7 percent compared to 14.9 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Pagliaro + Newburgh + Enlarged + City + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District, New York
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District elections (2014)
- Newburgh Enlarged City School District, "2014-2015 Budget Information," accessed May 20, 2014
- Information submitted to Ballotpedia via phone call with the Newburgh Enlarged City School District administration on May 1, 2014.
- New York State Board of Elections, "Contribution Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Expenditure Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- United States Census Bureau, "Orange County, New York," accessed May 1, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 21, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "NYS Voter Enrollment by County, Party Affiliation and Status - Voters Registered as of November 01, 2013," accessed April 11, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Newburgh Enlarged City School District Elections|
|Orange County, New York|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Dawn Fucheck • Incumbent, Mark Levinstein • Incumbent, Thomas Woodhull • Andres Arestin • George Bowles, Jr. • Kenneth Copertino • Runston Lewis • Carole Mineo • Sheila Murphy • Robert Pagliaro • David Rein • Darren Stridiron • William Swart • Nathan Vesely|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|