|Idaho House of Representatives District 12A|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Idaho, 1967|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1957-1961|
|Birthday||July 21, 1936|
|Place of birth||Nampa, ID|
|Profession||Architect, Schaefer Association|
|Religion||Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod|
Schaefer graduated with his Bachelor's degree from the University of Idaho in 1967. Schaefer served on active duty in the United States Air Force from 1957 to 1961.
In addition to being a representative, Schaefer is also an architect.
Before becoming a representative, Schaefer was a member of the Nampa School Board from 1979 to 1980 and served on the Nampa Zoning Commission from 1984 to 1995.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Schaefer served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Schaefer served on these committees:
- See also: Idaho State Senate elections, 2012
|Idaho State Senate District 12 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Robert E. Schaefer||38.6%||1,242|
Schaefer won re-election to District Seat 12A in 2010 against Democrat Maria G. Mabbutt. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 25th. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 12A (2010)|
|Robert Schaefer (R)||5,559||67.2%|
|Maria Mabbutt (D)||2,709||32.8%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Robert Schaefer won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 12A receiving 62.5% of the vote (7,973 votes), ahead of Democrat Richard Mabbutt who received 37.5% of the vote (4,781 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 12A (2008)|
|Robert Schaefer (R)||7,973||62.5%|
|Richard Mabbutt (D)||4,781||37.5%|
In 2010, a year in which Schaefer was up for re-election, he collected $7,300 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Robert Schaefer's campaign in 2010|
|Canyon County Republican Central Cmte||$2,000|
|Idaho Association Of Realtors||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$7,300|
In 2008, Schaefer raised $20,050.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign. 
|Canyon County Republican Central CMTE||$2,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$1,200|
|Employers Insurance Co. of Nevada||$1,000|
|Idaho Medical Association||$1,000|
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$1,000|
Robert is married to Betty Schaefer. They have two children and they reside in Nampa, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Schaefer + Idaho + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Idaho House of Representatives - Robert Schaefer
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1992
- ↑ Idaho Houses of Idaho house standing committees
- ↑ Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 15, 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
- ↑ Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- ↑ Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to Robert Schaefer
|Idaho House of Representatives District 12A
| Succeeded by|
Robert Anderst (R)