|Utah House of Representatives, District 49|
|January 16, 2014|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Colorado Mesa University|
|Master's||University of Utah|
Spendlove worked for Governor Gary Herbert as the Deputy for State and Federal Relations. He worked for the state from 1999 to 2014. Spendlove worked as the policy director and director of federal relations at Utah Governor's Office, chief economist and state demographer at State of Utah, and as a research analyst at Utah Governor's Office of Planning and Budget.
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Zach Robinson defeated Mark Quigley in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Robert Spendlove was unopposed in the Republican convention. Robinson will face Spendlove in the general election.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Planned Parenthood Action Council: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on legislation related to women’s health, access to reproductive health care and education.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the organization's mission of promoting the "Principles of Limited Government, the State and U.S. Constitutions, Representative Government, Participatory Democracy, a Free Market Economy, Separation of Powers, and Family."
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills picked by Sutherland that promote conservative policy.
- Parents for Choice in Education: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on the issue of education.
- Utah Sierra Club: 2013/2014 Legislative Scorecards
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to environmental and conservation issues.
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on taxpayer related bills.
- Utahns Against Common Core: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills relating to Common Core reforms.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes in relation to the organization's "mission to defend individual liberty, private property, and free enterprise."
Spendlove is married and has four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Robert + Spendlove + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 49
- Profile from the Utah State House
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah Secretary of State
- Robert Spendlove on Twitter
Derek Brown (R)
|Utah House of Representatives District 49
| Succeeded by|