|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Wittenberg served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Financial Liability Reform, Minority Vice Chair|
|• Health Policy|
Wittenberg's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "In the past decade, Lansing has slashed over $6 billion in funding to local cities. Robert will fight to return funding to our communities. These funds will help to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods by supporting infrastructure repairs, promoting public safety, and providing long-term solutions to our crumbling roads."
- Excerpt: "Robert knows the challenges that both new and veteran teachers face in the state of Michigan, and is committed to making educators a top priority. Robert strongly opposes the Education Achievement Authority (EAA) and will fight for his mother and all public school educators."
- Excerpt: "Robert will protect our retirees’ hard-earned incomes by working to repeal the unfair tax on pensions. Robert will fight to ensure seniors can retire with financial security and dignity. Robert also supports current efforts to make Michigan a “no-wait state” for in-home health care services. This policy change will make it easier and more cost-effective for our seniors to receive the help they need to stay in their homes."
- Excerpt: "Robert has witnessed far too many people getting denied coverage based on pre-existing conditions and believes that everyone should have access to affordable health care and that we have a duty to protect the most vulnerable - our children, the elderly and the sick."
- Excerpt: " The “Brain Drain”, where Michigan-educated college graduates must leave the state to find work elsewhere, must stop. House Bill 4182 is a great start towards a better future. But more needs to be done to keep college graduates in our state. We need to invest in our schools, our infrastructure and our people. Robert will work to encourage entrepreneurship to foster the growth of new businesses in Michigan."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Robert Wittenberg defeated Andrew Cissell, Joe McHugh, Rudy Serra and Kelli Williams in the Democratic primary. Michael Ryan defeated Mark Manier in the Republican primary. Wittenberg defeated Ryan in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 27 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Wittenberg's endorsements included the following:
- Jules Olsman - Huntington Woods City Commissioner
- Bob Paul - Huntington Woods City Commissioner
- Jeff Jenks - Huntington Woods City Commissioner
- Jack Lloyd - Former Hazel Park Mayor
- Mike Webb - Hazel Park City Council
- Arnold Shifman - Hazel Park City Attorney, Past Berkley School Board Pres.
- Ryan Cook - Trustee, Hazel Park Board of Education
- Paul Levine - Oak Park Mayor Pro Tem
- Menachem Hojda - Treasurer, Oak Park Board of Education
- Alan H. Kideckel - Berkley City Council
- Eileen Steadman - Berkley City Council
- Tina Edgar - Berkley City Council
- Paul Ellison - President, Berkley Board of Education
- Roger Blake - Treasurer, Berkley Board of Education
- Jon Switalski - State Representative, 28th House District
- Andy Schor - State Representative, 68th House District
- Eric Smith - Macomb County Prosecutor
- Samantha Steckloff - Farmington Hills City Council
- Dana Nessel - Lead Attorney on The Michigan Marriage Challenge Case
- Professor Harvey Bronstein - Oakland Community College
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robert + Wittenberg + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 27
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Democrats - State Representative Robert Wittenberg
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Robert Wittenberg on Facebook
- Robert Wittenberg on Twitter
- wittenbergforrep.org, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- wittenbergforrep.org, "Endorsements," accessed July 28, 2014
Ellen Lipton (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |