|Maryland State Senate District 11|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Maryland State House of Delegates|
|Bachelor's||The Johns Hopkins University, 1993|
|J.D.||Georgetown University Law Center, 1998|
|Birthday||April 24, 1971|
|Place of birth||Davis, California|
Zirkin earned his bachelor's degree from Johns Hopkins University in 1993 and his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1998.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Zirkin served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Zirkin served on these committees:
- Budget and Taxation
- Children, Youth, & Families
- Joint Subcommittee on Program Open Space and Agricultural Land Preservation
- Special Committee on Substance Abuse
- Administrative, Executive & Legislative Review
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Bobby Zirkin was unopposed in the Democratic primary.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
Zirkin won re-election to the 11th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition and received 38,730 votes.
Zirkin ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary.
|Maryland State Senate, District 11 (2010) General Election|
|Robert Zirkin ()||38,730||100%|
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2006
Zirkin raised $269,533 for his campaign.
|Maryland Senate, District 11|
In 2010, a year in which Zirkin was up for re-election, he raised $88,865 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Mid-Atlantic Of Delmar LLC||$2,000|
|North Plaza Shopping Center||$2,000|
|Junction Properties Ltd Pn||$2,000|
|Delmar Re Holdings-Snf LLC||$2,000|
In 2006 Robert Zirkin collected $269,533 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Realtors Association||$5,600|
|Maryland State Medical Society||$5,000|
|Montgomery County Medical Society||$4,500|
|Lifestream Health LLC||$4,000|
Zirkin is married with two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Robert + Zirkin + Maryland + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland State Senate
- Maryland Senate Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland State Senate District 11
- Campaign website
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Political summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Zirkin's Facebook
- Zirkin's Twitter
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Official Results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for State Senator," accessed February 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Zirkin's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- 2006 contributors to Robert Zirkin
|Maryland Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|