|Maryland State Senate District 11|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Maryland State House of Delegates|
|Bachelor's||The Johns Hopkins University, 1993|
|J.D.||Georgetown University Law Center, 1998|
|Birthday||April 24, 1971|
|Place of birth||Davis, California|
Zirkin earned his bachelor's degree from Johns Hopkins University in 1993 and his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center in 1998.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Zirkin served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Zirkin served on these committees:
- Budget and Taxation
- Children, Youth, & Families
- Joint Subcommittee on Program Open Space and Agricultural Land Preservation
- Special Committee on Substance Abuse
- Administrative, Executive & Legislative Review
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Maryland State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbent Bobby Zirkin was unopposed in the Democratic primary.
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2010
Zirkin won re-election to the 11th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition and received 38,730 votes.
Zirkin ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary.
|Maryland State Senate, District 11 (2010) General Election|
|Robert Zirkin ()||38,730||100%|
- See also: Maryland State Senate elections, 2006
Zirkin raised $269,533 for his campaign.
|Maryland Senate, District 11|
In 2010, a year in which Zirkin was up for re-election, he raised $88,865 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Mid-Atlantic Of Delmar LLC||$2,000|
|North Plaza Shopping Center||$2,000|
|Junction Properties Ltd Pn||$2,000|
|Delmar Re Holdings-Snf LLC||$2,000|
In 2006 Robert Zirkin collected $269,533 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Realtors Association||$5,600|
|Maryland State Medical Society||$5,000|
|Montgomery County Medical Society||$4,500|
|Lifestream Health LLC||$4,000|
Zirkin is married with two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Robert + Zirkin + Maryland + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland State Senate
- Maryland Senate Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland State Senate District 11
- Campaign website
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Political summary from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Zirkin's Facebook
- Zirkin's Twitter
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results for the 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election," accessed June 25, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2010 General Election Official Results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2006 Gubernatorial General Election results for State Senator," accessed February 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Zirkin's 2006 campaign contributions," accessed March 24, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Maryland 2010 - Candidates," accessed March 24, 2014
- 2006 contributors to Robert Zirkin
|Maryland Senate District 11
| Succeeded by|