|Kansas Secretary of Wildlife and Parks|
|May 2, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||January 7, 2011|
|Appointed by||Gov. Sam Brownback (R)|
|Bachelor's||Fort Hays State University (1976)|
|Birthday||March 10, 1954|
|Place of birth||Scott City, Kansas|
Jennison is the former Speaker of the Kansas House of Representatives. Following his departure from the Legislature in 2000, he worked in several jobs related to the outdoors and made an unsuccessful run for governor in 2006. Jennison also worked as a lobbyist for six years. His clients included the Wichita Greyhound Park and other racing tracks.
- Degree in animal science, Fort Hays State University (1976)
Secretary of Wildlife and Parks (2011-Present)
While some sportsmen and department employees expressed concern about Jennison's previous connections to commercialized hunting legalization and operations, the Kansas State Senate unanimously confirmed Jennison 38-0 on May 2, 2011.
Comprehensive donor information for Jennison is available dating back to 1996. Based on available campaign finance records, Jennison raised a total of $267,423 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
|Robin Jennison's Campaign Contribution History|
|2006||Governor of Kansas*||$194,429|
|1998||Kansas State House District 117||$62,787|
|1996||Kansas State House District 117||$10,207|
|Grand Total Raised||$267,423|
|*The 2006 funds are a total of a joint campaign with lieutenant governor running mate Dennis Wilson.|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robin + Jennison + Kansas + Wildlife"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- State Delays Land Purchases - KMUW
- Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism jobs moving to Topeka - Leavenworth Times
- Land purchases delayed by finance council - The Garden City Telegram
- Parks and Wildlife seeks to reassure local tourism partners - Topeka Capital Journal
- Nov. 30, 2013 12:01 am - Pratt Tribune
- Kansas hops aboard rail trail development as boost to tourism industry - Osage County Online | Osage County News
- Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Follow Secretary Jennison on Twitter
- The Wichita Eagle, "Robin Jennison named to head Wildlife and Parks Department," January 8, 2011
- The Wichita Eagle, "Former House speaker Jennison named Wildlife and Parks secretary," January 7, 2011
- Kansas Outdoors, "Jennison confirmed to lead Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism," May 3, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Robin Jennison," accessed July 11, 2013
|Kansas Secretary of Wildlife and Parks
May 2, 2011 - Present
| Succeeded by|