|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43|
McGregor's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Adequately Fund Education. Fund public schools, not charter schools (most of which are run by for-profit companies). Repeal EAA. Reform Common Core. Stop the Assault on Our Teachers"
- Excerpt: "Workers’ Rights. Equality. Creating new jobs"
- Excerpt: "We need to update all of of infrastructure, including: roads, bridges, gas mains, electric services, and more. We also need to look toward using newer technologies and methods for updating our infrastructure so that we have a solid infrastructure for years to come. Finally, instead of raising the gas tax to pay for roads, we need to look at these issues as an opportunity to create new jobs and increase our tax base rather than charging some people and not others (for instance electric and hybrid vehicle owners)."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Dennis Ritter defeated Neil Billington and Robin McGregor in the Democratic primary. Jim Tedder defeated Jose Aliaga, Paul Greenawalt, Nate Knapper and Andrea Schroeder in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, McGregor's endorsements included the following:
- John Castelein, President of UWUA Local 257
- Brad Eurich, President of UWUA Local 358
- UWUA Local 337
- UWUA Local 129
- Michigan Women Win
- David Miller, President of UWUA Local 107
- Michigan Nurses Association
- Michigan Professional Fire Fighters
- The Michigan AFL-CIO
- The Michigan Education Association
- UAW Region 1
- United Food and Commercial Workers Local 876
- Dennis Parshall, President of UWUA Local 101 and Vice President of Jackson Hillsdale Central Labor Council
- Jackson Hillsdale Central Labor Council AFL-CIO
- Pat Dillon
- Mike Nelson
- UWUA Local 101
- Michigan State Utility Workers Council
- Hal Farah, Former Educator
- Harold Cox, Former President of UAW Local 653
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robin + McGregor + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 43
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Robin McGregor on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- electrobinmcgregor.com, "Policy and Platform," accessed July 29, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- electrobinmcgregor.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 29, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |