|U.S. House, Texas, District 36|
|Mayor, Seabrook, Texas|
|Bachelor's||University of Houston|
|Profession||Oil and gas industry|
Riley graduated from the University of Houston with a degree in mathematics. He then worked at NASA's Johnson Space Center for 19 years as a contractor. Riley is currently employed in the oil and gas industry. He also served as Mayor of Seabrook, Texas, for six years.
Riley's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Smaller, Smarter Government
- Excerpt: "Making sure the federal government becomes smaller in terms of size, scope, influence and reach. Limiting the expanse of government power by strongly supporting state sovereignty reserved under the Tenth Amendment, and opposing unfunded mandates from Washington DC."
- Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "Supporter of public policy that will truly encourage domestic job growth in our economy. This includes, and is not limited to, lower taxes, a full revision of Obamacare and ending overregulation from the EPA, immediately roll back the needless or obsolete job-killing and burdensome regulations that stifle the ability of small businesses to create jobs."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Protecting the Second Amendment and our Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I firmly believe every American is entitled to the right to own firearms."
- Excerpt: "I’ve been employed in the energy sector for nearly 20 years, and strongly believe the United States needs and deserve a clear and sound energy policy that supports the increase of domestic energy sources while reducing our dependence on foreign oil."
- Protect Our Border
- Excerpt: "We must secure our borders and enforce current law, while allowing for the continuation of legal immigration. In Texas and across the U.S., narcotics, arms and human trafficking have had devastating ramifications when it comes to our safety and security."
|U.S. House, Texas District 36 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
Riley and his wife, Gloria, have two sons and live in Seabrook.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robin + Riley + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 36th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 36th Congressional District
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |