Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 94|
|April 28, 2014 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 24, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Porter's professional experience includes working as an Administrative Assistant for the Communications Workers of America.
Elections for the office of Connecticut House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 10, 2014. Incumbent Robyn A. Porter is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
A special election for the position of Connecticut House of Representatives District 94 was called for April 24. Candidates were supposed to be nominated by their party rather than chosen through a primary. Because the district's Democratic committee did not endorse a candidate, a number of them appeared on the special election ballot.
Note: Jerome Dunbar did not appear on the list of certified results.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Robyn + Porter + Connecticut + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Connecticut House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Connecticut State Legislature
- Connecticut state legislative districts
- yaledailynews.com, "Six scramble to replace Holder-Winfield," April 21, 2014
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed July 15, 2014
- ctpostchronicle.com "Len Caplan selected as Republican candidate for special election," March 26, 2014
- New Haven Independent, "A New Political Team Carries Special Election," April 25, 2014
- City of New Haven, "Official special election results," accessed May 7, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 17, 2014
Gary Holder-Winfield (D)
|Connecticut State House District 94
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |