|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58|
Ray's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Protecting Our Constitution
- Excerpt: "As citizens of Michigan and the United States with have the rights as free individuals to live our life as we so wish. Our constitution protects these rights and liberties from a government would whittle away these rights. I stand for the freedoms of the individual and not those who wish to govern for the sake of power."
- Excerpt: "For generations marriage has been understood as an institution between one man and one woman. Our society has a strong interest and responsibility to protect this institution as created."
- Excerpt: "All human life is special. Life should be protected from conception to natural death."
Strong Education for All
- Excerpt: "All students deserve the right to choose the best education for them. We must support education options that cater to individual student needs. Our state must support quality choices in education no matter the type of delivery."
- Excerpt: "Agriculture is the second largest industry in the state of Michigan. It is a growing force in our state and has helped Michigan recover from the economic downturnsin the past decade. The agriculture industry has proven through practice that they care for the environment, livestock and people of the state of Michigan. The agriculture sector deserves a regulatory free environment to help compete on the world stage."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Amaryllis Thomas was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Seven challengers ran in the Republican primary; Eric Leutheuser came in first, with Tim Haberl following. Leutheuser defeated Thomas in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 58 General Election, 2014|
In 2014, Ray's endorsements included:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rochelle + Ray + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 58
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Rochelle Ray on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- rochelleray.com, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014 (dead link)
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |