Rock County is one of 72 counties in Wisconsin. The county seat is Janesville. 
- Main article: Evaluation of Wisconsin county websites
- Upcoming meeting information and meeting minutes are posted. 
- Contact information for elected and administrative officials is available. 
- Building permit applications and zoning information are online. 
- Audit information is listed online. 
- Some information on obtaining public records is available. 
- Budget information is available. 
- An online tax payment option and some tax information are available, but there is no tax breakdown. 
- There is no information on contracts or lobbying.
2005-2006 government sector lobbying associations
- Main article: Wisconsin government sector lobbying
Rock County spent about $6,400 on lobbying efforts in the 2005-2006 session of the state legislature.