Rock Island County is one of 102 counties in Illinois.
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois county websites
- County budgets, along with quarterly and audited financial reports, are provided.
- 2011 county board meeting schedule is posted, along with minutes and agendas. Minutes and agendas available for prior years.
- County board members are listed with their contact information.
- Administrative officials are listed with their contact information.
- Building and zoning information is available; building and zoning classification search is available.
- Information on how to make a public records request is provided; court records search is available online.
- Property taxes can be paid online.
- Requested and awarded RFPs are posted, but contracts are not.
- Information on county contracts and government sector lobbying is not provided.
- Assessment Information and search is available.
- Property tax information and search is available.
- Functions of county offices are listed.
- Comprehensive county directory of offices by subject matter is available.
- "Find Your Voting Center" is available 
- "Find Your County Board Member" is available 
- Citizens can save money on their prescription medicine using the Rock Island County Prescription Drug Discount Card Program.
- Court payments can be made online.
- Sheriff's sales information is available.
- The public may sign up for email alerts when certain pages on the website are changed.
- Main article: Illinois government sector lobbying
The county does not employ lobbyists. It does belong to associations that lobby. The county asked for $5 for a CD of data from 2007-2010 (to provide data since 2005 would be unduly burdensome). Sunshine Review did not proceed with the request.