Rockwood School District, Missouri
|Rockwood School District|
|St. Louis County, Missouri|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Terry Adams|
|Number of schools:||29|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Bill Brown|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Rockwood School District
- 7 Academic performance
- 8 Website evaluation
- 9 Contact information
- 10 See also
- 11 External links
- 12 References
About the districtSt. Louis County, Missouri. The county seat of St. Louis County is Clayton. The county's population was 221,939 according to the 2010 U.S. Census.
St. Louis County outperforms the rest of Missouri in terms of higher education attainment, median income and poverty rate. The 2010 U.S. Census found that 39.8% of St. Louis County residents over 25 years old held undergraduate degrees compared to a 25.8% rate for the state of Missouri. St. Louis County had a median income of $58,485 in 2010 compared to $47,333 for Missouri. The poverty rate for St. Louis County was 8.3% in 2010 compared to a 10.5% rate for the rest of the state.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||St. Louis County (%)||Missouri (%)|
|Black or African American||23.6||11.6|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.2||0.5|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||0.1||0.1|
|Two or More Races||1.8||2.1|
|Hispanic or Latino||2.7||3.5|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
The current superintendent of Rockwood School District is Dr. Terry Adams, who was appointed to the position in May 2013. He has 27 years of experience as a Missouri superintendent. His annual base salary is $250,000.
The Rockwood School Board consists of seven members who are elected at-large to three-year terms.
|Rockwood School Board|
|Sherri Rodgers||Vice President||2015|
|Dr. Keith Kinder||Member||2014|
School board elections
Members of the Rockwood School Board are elected at-large to three-year terms. Two seats were up for election in April 2013; Board members Loralee Mondl and Jeffrey Morrell were elected to the board. Three seats will be on the ballot on April 8, 2014 and two seats in April 2015.
Public participation in board meetings
The Rockwood School Board maintains the following policy on public testimony during board meetings:
|“||Public comments are welcome at each regular Board meeting during the period designated for patron comments. Any citizen of the Rockwood School District may address the Board concerning District issues at the meeting on the third Thursday of the month. At the meeting the first Thursday of the month, patron comments are limited to agenda items only. To address the Board, complete a blue "patron comment card" between 6:30p.m. to 7p.m. and give it to a Communications Department staff member. Patrons will be called to the lectern by the Board president to make comments. Comments are limited to three minutes in length.||”|
The Rockwood School District's budget is published on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Teachers in the Rockwood School District earn annual salaries based on years on the job as well as educational achievement. The salary schedule accounts for graduate degrees by providing higher starting salaries and greater potential salaries. The following table details the salary schedule for the 2015-2016 school year:
|Degree level||Minimum salary ($)||Maximum salary ($)|
|B.A. + 15||41,526||53,779|
|MA + 15||44,121||68,577|
|MA + 30||44,952||72,264|
Schools in Rockwood School District
Rockwood School District serves 22,268 students, as of 2011-2012 enrollment data. The district experienced a 0.1% increase in enrollment between 2007 and 2012. The following chart details enrollment in the district between 2007 and 2012:
|Year||Enrollment||Year-to-year change (%)|
Rockwood School District operates 29 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Rockwood School District|
|Babler Elementary School|
|Ballwin Elementary School|
|Blevins Elementary School|
|Bowles Elementary School|
|Chesterfield Elementary School|
|Crestview Middle School|
|Ellisville Elementary School|
|Eureka Elementary School|
|Eureka High School|
|Fairway Elementary School|
|Geggie Elementary School|
|Green Pines Elementary School|
|Kehrs Mill Elementary School|
|Kellison Elementary School|
|Lafayette High School|
|LaSalle Springs Middle School|
|Marquette High School|
|Pond Elementary School|
|Ridge Meadows Elementary School|
|Rockwood South Middle School|
|Rockwood Summit High School|
|Rockwood Valley Middle School|
|Selvidge Middle School|
|Stanton Elementary School|
|Uthoff Valley Elementary School|
|Westridge Elementary School|
|Wild Horse Elementary School|
|Wildwood Middle School|
|Woerther Elementary School|
For the 2012-2013 school year, Rockwood School District students earned an average Missouri Assessment Program index score of 398.8. Students scored highest in science with an index score of 407.6, but they scored lowest in mathematics with an index score of 390.1. The district's average MAP index score ranked eighth out of the 469 Missouri school districts that reported scores for all four tested subject areas.
Last rated on an unknown date.
|Transparency grading process|
- The most current budget is listed.
- Budgets are archived for 5 years.
- Administrative Officials
- Department heads are listed for each department.
- Contact information for administrative officials is provided including a mailing address, phone number, and personalized email.
- Elected Officials
- Elected officials are listed with a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- The most recent audit is posted.
- Audits dating back to 2008 are available.
- Public Records
- The public information officer is identified and maintained by Kathy Chitwood. This person provides a mailing address, phone number and personalized email.
- Tax revenues are broken down by federal, state, and local funding in the budget.
- Local taxes, like property taxes, are available online.
- Academic performance reports for the school are posted online.
- Background Checks
- The criminal background check policy and teacher certification requirements are posted online.
- School board elections portal
- Rockwood School District elections (2014)
- Missouri school districts
- List of school districts in Missouri
- Rockwood School District
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Rockwood School District Stakeholders
- Rockwood School District, "Fund Summary," accessed December 2, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: St. Louis County," accessed February 3, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Rockwood School District, "Dr. Terry Adams Selected as Rockwood Interim Superintendent," accessed February 4, 2014
- Rockwood School District, "Board of Education," accessed February 4, 2014
- Rockwood School District, "Meeting Procedures," accessed February 4, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Rockwood School District, "2015-2016 Teacher Salary Schedule," accessed February 4, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, "K-12 Enrollment: Rockwood School District," accessed February 4, 2014
- Rockwood School District, "Schools," accessed February 4, 2014
- Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education, "State Assessment," accessed July 8, 2014
- Rockwood School District, 2013 Budget Book, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Staff Directory, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Elected Officials, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Meeting Minutes and Agendas, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Meeting Dates, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Audits, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Bids, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Contracts, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Request for Public Records, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Tax Rates, Accessed: Feb 18, 2013
- Rockwood School District, School Report Cards, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013
- Rockwood School District, Background Check, Accessed: Feb 19, 2013