|Alabama House of Representatives District 55|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College|
Scott received his M.B.A. from the Amos Tuck School of Business Administration at Dartmouth College, and B.A. in Economics from Yale University. He is currently a professor at Miles College.
Scott served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Economic Development and Incentives
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Taxes, Exemptions/Benefits (Ways and Means Education)
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Incumbent Rod Scott will face Eric Major in the Democratic primary.
Scott won re-election to the 55th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Scott raised $78,316 for his campaign.
In 2010, Scott raised $67,899 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$3,500|
Below are Scott's top 5 campaign contributors from 2008, a year in which there was no election:
|Bank Researching Donor||$2,000|
|Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce||$2,000|
|Roderick (Rod) H Scott||$1,213|
|AL Industry & Manufacturers||$1,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$1,000|
In 2006, Scott raised $78,316 in donations.
Listed below are those that made the largest contributions.
|Cmte To Elect Artur Davis||$26,000|
|Alabama Power Co||$3,000|
Scott and his wife, Carstella, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Rod + Scott + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Rod Scott
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Scott
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- 2006 contributions to Rod Scott
|Alabama House District 55
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|