|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 106|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Date of birth||05/13/1977|
Caston's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Cutting Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "Taxes are too high. That's because government spending is too high. I want to reduce both."
End the War on Drugs
- Excerpt: "Selling and using drugs may be personally unwise, but those activities don't violate anyone's rights. By establishing drug prohibition, our government has taken a modest problem and turned it into a huge problem. Now we have to deal with drug gangs and black markets, and taxpayers have to pay to keep thousands of people in jail. We need to end this nonsense."
Evicting the TSA from Texas
- Excerpt: "I would file legislation to evict the TSA from Texas airports, and have our airports use their own personnel to handle security, in keeping with current federal guidelines."
Relief for Small Businesses
- Excerpt: "Politicians do this partly to protect well-connected businesses by shielding them from new, lower-priced competition. Government should not pick winners and losers. I want to make it easier to start a business in Texas by reducing the power of government to get in the way."
Liberty for Immigrants
- Excerpt: "Texas has a fast-growing Latin American population. I want Texas Latinos to leave behind the big-government welfare liberalism of the Democrats and the big-government bigotry of the Republicans, and join the Libertarian Party instead. We don't want the government to prop people up, and we don't want the government to hold people down. I think that's consistent with the desire of most Latinos to have a level playing field where hard work pays off."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Pat Fallon was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lisa Osterholt was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Fallon defeated Osterholt and Rodney Caston (L) in the general election.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 106 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Pat Fallon Incumbent||69.9%||24,419|
Caston ran in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 106. Caston ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by Pat Fallon (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 106, General Election, 2012|
Caston has a wife, Perla.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Rodney + Caston + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Texas Tribune
- Profile from the Libertarian Party
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- rodneycaston.com, "Issues," accessed February 14, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed December 2, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |