|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 2A|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Erickson served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture Policy|
|• Education Policy|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
Erickson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs, Business, and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I am running in order to help create middle income jobs for people in our district. The middle class is what makes our nation great."
- Excerpt: "Our children are just as deserving as the students in the Twin Cities suburbs and other property-rich school districts. While our districts are passing referendums to keep the lights on, they have the resources to add indoor golf practice facilities."
Gun Rights and the Environment
- Excerpt: "I am a lifelong hunter and gun owner. One of my major issues is to provide and maintain access to a great outdoor experience. This not only adds to our quality of life, it also adds to our local economies."
Hancock/Pawlenty Cuts to Local Governments
- Excerpt: "Make no mistake. Income tax decreases for the wealthy in the Twin Cities are financed by property tax increases on local seniors and other property owners, including our locally owned businesses."
Church and State
- Excerpt: "While there is no doubt the teachings of the Church influence my views, a conversation with my pastor affirms the need for separation of the government and the church. He joked, “We have enough to do without telling the government what they should do."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Roger Erickson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Hancock was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Erickson ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 2A. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated incumbent David Hancock (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 2A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Roger A. Erickson||54.7%||10,730|
|Republican||David Hancock Incumbent||45.3%||8,901|
Comprehensive donor information for Erickson is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Erickson raised a total of $37,341 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 29, 2013.
|Roger Erickson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 2A||$37,341|
|Grand Total Raised||$37,341|
2012Erickson won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Erickson raised a total of $37,341.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roger Erickson's campaign in 2012|
|Hubbard County DFL||$1,600|
|2nd Senate District Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party||$850|
|Becker County DFL||$550|
|Minn Assoc Of Professional Employees Political Fund||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,341|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Roger + Erickson + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "roger2a," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Erickson, Roger A." Retrieved June 29, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Kent Eken (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 2A
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |