|North Dakota House of Representatives District 5|
|December 1, 2010-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Minot State University|
|Profession||Branch Manager, Fargo Paint and Glass of Minot|
Brabandt earned his B.S. from Minot State University. His professional experience includes working as a branch manager for Fargo Paint & Glass of Minot.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brabandt served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Natural Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brabandt served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy and Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of North Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Roger Brabandt and incumbent Scott Louser were unopposed in the Republican primary, while Heidi Elise Rintoul and Judy Vendsel were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Rintoul, Vendsel, Brabandt and Louser will face off in the general election.
Brabandt won election to the North Dakota House of Representatives in the November 2 general election. Scott Louser (R) also won election. Louser and Brabandt defeated incumbent Democrat Louis Pinkerton, and Heidi Rintoul (D).
|North Dakota State House, District 5|
|Scott Louser (R)||3,285|
|Roger Brabandt (R)||2,794|
|Louis Pinkerton (D)||2,733|
|Heidi Rintoul (D)||1,476|
In 2010, Brabandt raised a total of $6,915 in campaign contributions.
His nine largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|House Republican Caucus of North Dakota||$500|
|Minot Area Republican Council||$500|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Brabandt received a score of 78.31% on policy legislation and voted against 8.46% of state spending. Brabandt was ranked 15th on policy and 29th on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Brabandt and his wife, Juell, have one child. They currently reside in Minot, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Roger + Brabandt + North + Dakota + House'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Roger Brabandt," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |