|South Dakota House District 10|
|2005 - 2013|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Augustana College, 1959|
|J.D.||University of South Dakota, 1962|
|Place of birth||Flandreau, SD|
Hunt earned his B.S. from Augustana College in 1959. He went on to receive his J.D. from the University of South Dakota in 1962. He then earned his LL.M in International Law from George Washington University in 1971.
Hunt served in the United States Navy Judge Advocate General (JAG) Corps from 1962 to 1984. He then worked as a Nettleton Junior College Teacher from 1989 to 1994. He has worked as an attorney since 1962.
Hunt was a candidate for the South Dakota House in 1998 but was not elected. He again was a candidate for the House in 2002 but was not elected. He was then elected to the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2004. He has served in that position since, representing the 10th District. Hunt and his wife, Sharon Boese, have three children.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hunt served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives, Chair
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hunt served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, South Dakota House
- Judiciary Committee, South Dakota House
- Legislative Procedure Committee, South Dakota House
Hunt ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 10 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were fellow Republican Gene Abdallah (incumbent), Gregory Kniffen (D) and Mary Ann Giebink (D). Both Hunt and Gene Abdallah (R) won election on November 2.
|South Dakota State House, District 10 (2010)|
|Gene Abdallah (R)||8,623||39.54%|
|Roger Hunt (R)||8,276||37.95%|
|Gregory S. Kniffen (D)||4,907||22.50%|
In 2010, Hunt received $13,061 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roger Hunt's campaign in 2010|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$750|
|Unruh, Allen & Leslee||$500|
|Minnehaha Republican Party||$426|
|Lincoln County Republican Party||$400|
|Contractors PAC Of South Dakota||$350|
|Total Raised in 2010||$13,061|
In 2008, Hunt collected $4,925 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|South Dakota Republican Party||$717|
|South Dakota Association of Realtors||$500|
|Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield||$300|
|America's Health Insurance Plans||$300|
|South Dakota Retailers Association||$250|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Roger + Hunt + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Violent memories of the Gitchie Manitou murders - Rapid City Journal
- ADAM & CHARLES VS. THE MAN - Santa Fe Reporter
- Hillary's Nightmare? A Democratic Party That Realizes Its... - The New Republic
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Roger Hunt
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|