|Alaska House of Representatives, District 10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor of Houston, Alaska|
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 19, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Neal T. Lacy was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while District 7 incumbent Wes Keller was unopposed in the Republican primary. Lacy will face Keller and Roger Purcell (Nonpartisan) in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 7 Nonpartisan Primary, 2012|
|Wes Keller Incumbent||68.2%||1,468|
A vote on whether or not to recall Purcell from his position as mayor was scheduled for June 22, 2010, but Purcell resigned from the office days before the election.
The official reason given on the recall papers was "misconduct in office by using emergency lights on a city vehicle while not responding to an emergency." This allegation involved a video that was taken by the camera of a police vehicle Purcell drove to Fairbanks. Charlie Seidl, who was at the time a police sergeant in Houston, downloaded the video from the official vehicle, gave it to a member of the Houston City Council and posted it on YouTube.
The full list of reasons why recall organizers wanted Purcell out of office include the following assertions that Purcell:
- Traveled to Fairbanks in a police vehicle without council approval.
- Purchased an airline ticket without council approval.
- Authorized the city clerk to file a complaint with the Alaska Public Offices Commission knowing it included a false complaint.
- Used unauthorized blue flashing lights while making a traffic stop.
- Participated in executive sessions without stating the specific topic to be discussed.
Purcell and his wife, Biaca, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Roger + Purcell + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House of Representatives District 10
- Alaska House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Alaska State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Roger Purcell on Facebook
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed August 20, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed March 12, 2014
- Alaska Division of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed March 12, 2014
- Frontiersman, "Date set for Purcell recall vote," April 10, 2010
- Frontiersman, "Recall effort targets Purcell," February 11, 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014