|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 59|
Rathburn's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Leadership You Can Trust
- Excerpt: "Our state must have someone with experience in leading and managing large, complex organizations."
Reduction or Elimination of the State's Income Tax on Pensions
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative I will work to reduce or eliminate the unfair tax imposed on our fixed income seniors on their pensions and introduce legislation to remedy the situation."
Improve Senior Citizen Resources and Funding
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative I will propose legislation to provide tax initiatives for Senior Citizens to remain in Southwest Michigan and seek to improve resources for senior support and senior citizen centers that can positively impact the quality of life for this segment of our population."
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative, I will work to retain more continuity in education funding and stop the constant attack on curriculum, which should be a local decision. In addition, we need to stop the unfunded mandates which are disruptive to both educators and students."
- Excerpt: "The State needs a budget that clearly supports our priorities. Spending priorities must focus on what will make our State strong and competitive and wasteful spending must be identified and eliminated."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Mike Moroz was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Aaron Miller defeated John Bippus, Roger Rathburn and Bob Sills in the Republican primary. Miller defeated Moroz in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 59 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 59 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Rathburn's endorsements included the following:
- Jared Hoffmaster, Three Rivers 1st District City Commissioner
- William Russell, Three Rivers Health CEO
- Gabe Adams, Hohner Funeral Home Director
- Rob Olsen, Retired School Superintendent, Sturgis
- Jay Woehrmyer, Frankie's Restaurant Co-Owner
- Diana DeGraaf, DeGraaf'x , Inc. President
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Roger + Rathburn + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 59
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Roger Rathburn on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- rathburnforhouse.com, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- rathburnforhouse.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |