|Maine House of Representatives, District 23|
|December 5, 2012-present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Base salary||$13,852/year (first regular session) |
$9,661/year/year (second regular session)
|Per diem||$38/day, plus $32/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Carmel High School (1958)|
|Bachelor's||Farmington State College (1965)|
|Master's||University of Southern Maine (1975)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Reed served on the following committees:
|Maine Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
Reed's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Roger believes that Maine people want to work and he feels that the role of the State government is to give citizens the best chance they have to reach that goal."
Health and Human Services
- Excerpt:"He wants to rein in the expansion of welfare services and prefers to make sure that services are not spread so thin that the people who desperately need them are underserved."
- Excerpt:"He believes that the education of Maine children is best in the hands of local schools and is opposed to unfunded state mandates."
- Excerpt:"Roger believes that sustained and consistent improvements to our transportation infrastructure will make Maine a safer place and will create jobs in the process."
Reed won election in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 23. Reed defeated Patricia Tate in the June 12 Republican primary and defeated Richard Thomas (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Maine House of Representatives, District 23 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Reed is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Reed raised a total of $7,441 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 12, 2013.
|Roger Reed's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Maine State House, District 23||$7,441|
|Grand Total Raised||$7,441|
2012Reed won election to the Maine House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Reed raised a total of $7,441.
|Maine House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roger Reed's campaign in 2012|
|Reed, Roger E||$2,722|
|House Republican Fund of Maine||$350|
|Millett, Howard Sawin||$350|
|Maine Association of Realtors||$300|
|Total Raised in 2012||$7,441|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Roger + Reed + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Roger Reed
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
David Richardson (R)
|Maine House of Representatives District 23
| Succeeded by|
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |