|Wisconsin State Senate, District 19|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Roth's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "My top legislative priority is getting the Fox Valley back to work. Government doesn’t create jobs; people do. Too often, government regulations and taxes put our businesses at a competitive disadvantage. In my business as a homebuilder, I know firsthand how frustrating it is to wade through bureaucratic red tape and jump through unnecessary hoops. I will work for pro-growth policies that will allow our workforce to thrive. It’s best to let the private sector do its job and I’m determined to do what it takes to help jump-start our economy."
- Excerpt: "The tax burden on the hard-working families of the 19th Senate District is still too high. Wisconsin residents deserve to keep more of their hard-earned money to spend any way they choose. Under the previous administration, our business climate in Wisconsin was one of the worst in the country. Fortunately, Governor Walker and the legislature have made progress on property tax relief. And enacted one of the larges income tax cuts in state history. For the first time in over a dozen years, the statewide median property tax on a median value home declined. This is a significant step in the right direction after years of regular tax increases and I will continue to fight to lower taxes and encourage responsible budgets."
- Excerpt: "I will work with local educators to find creative solutions the challenges that face our districts, while looking out for taxpayers."
- Excerpt: "Unfortunately, not all children are awarded the same opportunity to attend great schools like those that grow up in the Fox Valley. For that reason, I support a limited expansion of the school choice program, focused on under-achieving school districts and targeted income levels. I also agree that fair assessments are necessary when taxpayer dollars are involved. Students are not afforded the luxury of time while educators work to turn around failing schools and the school choice program provides an opportunity for parents to make the decision to put their child in the best position possible to learn."
Transportation and Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "The first step and most critical step to restoring taxpayer confidence is passing the constitutional amendment for a segregated transportation fund that will be on the ballot this November 4th. Only then can we begin to have an honest conversation about how to restore the fund and provide the dollars necessary to maintain our transportation infrastructure."
Waste, Fraud and Abuse
- Excerpt: "Time and again, we turn on the television or open a newspaper to a story outlining waste, fraud and abuse in a government program. One of the easiest steps we can take is assuring that taxpayer dollars are at least being utilized as intended. Whether its waste within specific government departments, people taking advantages of loopholes in programs, or businesses utilizing the safety net to shift costs, abuses of taxpayers dollars should be eliminated. Every dollar we can identify that is being spent unwisely can help those truly in need and provide taxpayer relief."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Wisconsin State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Penny Bernard Schaber ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Roger Roth ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Roth defeated Schaber in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 19 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Penny Bernard Schaber||42.8%||31,135|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Roger + Roth + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Senate
- Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Roger Roth on Facebook
- Roger Roth on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Roth for Wisconsin, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014