ALZA Strategies offers services in media relations, crisis communication, grassroots and public affairs. Among the first clients to sign up with ALZA Strategies were the California Latino Caucus and La Cooperativa Campesina de California.
Salazar has more than 20 years of experience in politics, media relations, crisis communications, grassroots outreach and public affairs. From 2004 to 2012, Salazar was a founding partner of Acosta|Salazar LLC, a Sacramento-based political consulting and public affairs firm. He also sometimes served as a paid consultant on ballot measure campaigns. The Acosta|Salazar LLC website describes Salazar as someone whose "past knowledge of media communications helps our clients craft potent and strategic messages that sway public opinion."
Salazar served as national spokesman for the 2004 Democratic presidential primary campaign of eventual vice-presidential nominee Senator John Edwards (D-NC). He was a member of the Podium Operations team for the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston, Massachusetts. He was also a national spokesman and deputy press secretary for the Gore 2000 Presidential Campaign Committee.
In 2002, Salazar was the press secretary for the Gray Davis campaign to win re-election to the post of Governor of California. From 2000 to 2002, he was the deputy press secretary for the Gray Davis administration. From 1994 to 1999, he worked in Washington, D.C. for the Clinton administration, including stints as a White House assistant press secretary, assistant press secretary for Vice President Al Gore and deputy press secretary in the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Media and recognition
- Hispanic Business Magazine recognized Salazar as one of the "100 Most Influential Hispanics in America" for his work on the Gore campaign in 2000.
- California Political Week recognized him as the "New Spinning Star" for his work on the Gray Davis campaign in 2002.
Salazar received his B.A. from the University of Redlands and his M.A. from the George Washington University's Graduate School of Political Management.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (916) 284-1255
- Biography of Roger Salazar on California Majority Report
- Biography of Salazar on ALZA Strategies
- ALZA Strategies on Facebook
- Roger Salazar on LinkedIn
- Roger Salazar on Google+
- Campaigns and Elections, "Dem launches Latino outreach firm"
- The Sacramento Bee, "Mercury hires two as Salazar announces departure"
- Sacramento Business Journal, "Crisis expert leaves Mercury to start public affairs firm"