|Montana State Senate, District 24|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 2, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Webb's professional experience includes co-owning Architectural Doors and Hardware with his wife, and managing other businesses.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Webb served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Claims|
|• Highways and Transportation|
|• State Administration|
|• Health and Human Services|
Webb's website highlighted the following campaign themes.
Better Economy/Better Jobs: I will work to create higher paying jobs in Montana by reducing the cost and complexity of doing business.
Traditional Family Values: I will support legislature to protect the values that will keep our families strong.
Education: I will support accountable and equitable education funding.
Less Spending/Lower Taxes: I will work to reduce taxes to an affordable level by holding government accountable for spending.
Lower Energy Costs/Responsible Development: I will work to reduce the cost of operating our homes and businesses by developing our natural resources and creating new sources of energy while maintaining a quality environment.
Affordable Healthcare: I will work towards solutions to solve the healthcare crisis through tax incentives and less regulation in healthcare markets.
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2012
Webb won election in the 2012 election for Montana State Senate, District 24. Webb ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Wanda Grinde (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Montana State Senate, District 24, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Webb is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Webb raised a total of $44,886 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 5, 2013.
|Roger Webb's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana Senate, District 24||$44,886|
|Grand Total Raised||$44,886|
2012Webb won election to the Montana State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Webb raised a total of $44,886.
|Montana State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Roger Webb's campaign in 2012|
|Yellowstone County Republican Central Committee||$800|
|National Association of Gun Rights||$320|
|Total Raised in 2012||$44,886|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
Webb and his wife, Peggy, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Roger + Webb + Montana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana State Senate
- Montana Senate Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Webb for Senate, "Meet Roger," accessed October 10, 2012
- Webb for Senate, "On the Issues," accessed October 10, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Webb, Roger," accessed September 5, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
Kim Gillan (D)
|Montana State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|