Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii State Senate District 18|
|Bachelor's||Public Administration, USAF Academy|
|Master's||National Security Strategy, National Defense University|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Herrera's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Government Transparency
- "The people of Hawaii need to know how their government is conducting business. I pledge to be transparent and urge my fellow legislators to do the same."
- Term Limits
- "I strongly believe that it is a privilege to serve in political office, not a birthright—Senators should be limited to two terms and Representatives to four terms in order to guard against cronyism and allow others to serve."
- "Hawaii needs a much better small business climate in order to create jobs, therefore, I will introduce and support legislation to reduce government costs to start a small business and provide tax credits for companies that hire new employees."
- "Hawaii’s taxpayers are buried in taxes! It is affecting the health of our families and our marriages as we struggle to pay these excessive taxes. I believe the state must do much better to manage our money and lower taxes for those who are struggling."
- Government Spending
- "Continuing our habit of undisciplined government spending will only increase the deficit between what we have and what we promised to those people who have faithfully served. I will insist that voters know exactly how much every piece of legislation will cost."
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Herrera ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 18. Herrera ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 17 incumbent Michelle Kidani (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 18, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michelle Kidani Incumbent||72.3%||14,518|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Rojo + Herrera + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Failed to load RSS feed from http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Rojo+Herrera+Hawaii+Senate&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss: There was a problem during the HTTP request: 503 Service Unavailable
- Rojo Herrera, "Rojo on the issues," accessed September 26, 2012
- State of Hawaii: Office of Elections, "Federal/State/County Candidates, 2012 Primary Elections," retrieved June 11, 2012
- Hawaii Secretary of State - Official 2012 Primary Results
- State of Hawaii Office of Elections, “Hawaii General 2012 - State of Hawaii – Statewide,” November 20, 2012