|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 75|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Quinn's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Economic Plan for Northern Wisconsin: 3 point solution
- Excerpt: "The State of Wisconsin must continue to ease the tax burden on manufacturing if the state intends to attract new employers and to insure that existing businesses can afford to remain a central part of our communities. Governor Walker has pushed legislation that will nearly eliminate the income tax on manufacturing business in Wisconsin. As your representative, I will maintain support for this measure. Global economies have always required states to provide a competitive business environment to protect local markets."
- Excerpt: "One in every 13 jobs is sustained by tourism in Wisconsin. Without tourism in Wisconsin, every family would have to pay an additional $575 a year in new taxes. As your representative, I shall focus on encouraging and developing tourism."
- Excerpt: "Govern Walker’s efforts to put a greater emphasis on our technical educational system require legislative support. As your representative, I will improve collaboration between business and educational communities to insure that Wisconsin can lead in jobs training and growth."
- Excerpt: "As your next State representative, I will work hard to put our communities on a path of independence from state and federal influences."
- Excerpt: "While Wisconsin is a local-control state, the rights of the public are not adequately defined in those state statutes. Unfortunately, parents and citizens often face stumbling blocks when trying to exercise local control of schools. As your state representative, I will author legislation which will better define the rights of parents and citizens in forming educational policies at the local level. This legislation will empower teachers and assure that they enjoy the decision-making authority that is granted to other professionals."
- Excerpt: "Term limits are essential in order to ensure that new blood has a chance to overcome entrenched politicians. Without term limits, creation and innovation becomes stifled. It is time we have a State Representative that is willing to challenge and call out any politician who stands in the way of these common sense reforms."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Stephen Smith was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Romaine Quinn defeated Ken Mandley in the Republican primary. Smith faced Quinn in the general election. The challenger, Romaine Quinn, defeated Smith in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 75 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Stephen Smith Incumbent||45.1%||9,643|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 75 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Romaine Robert Quinn||64.9%||2,231|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Romaine + Quinn + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Romaine Quinn on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Romaine Quinn, "Issues," accessed October 27, 2014
- Milwaukee Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, "Wisconsin 2014 fall primary election results," accessed August 12, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Partisan Primary," accessed June 4, 2014 (dead link)
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |