|Indiana House of Representatives|
|November 16, 2010 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Bacon's professional experience includes owning and operating Freedom Medical.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bacon served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development|
|• Public Health|
|• Select Committee on Government Reduction|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bacon served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Development, Vice-chair|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Public Health|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Ron Bacon is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Bacon won re-election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 75. Bacon ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Kevin Derr (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 75, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Ron Bacon Incumbent||57.5%||15,210|
In the May 4th primary, Bacon ran unopposed and received 2,731 votes.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 75 General Election (2010)|
|Ron Bacon (R)||7,982|
|Mike Goebel (D)||7,818|
Comprehensive donor information for Bacon is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Bacon raised a total of $292,449 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Ron Bacon's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 75||$82,221|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 75||$210,228|
|Grand Total Raised||$292,449|
2012Bacon won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bacon raised a total of $82,221.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Bacon's campaign in 2012|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Indiana||$5,000|
|Boilermakers Local 374||$3,000|
|Northern Indiana Operating Engineers||$2,500|
|Mike Pence Cmte||$2,500|
|Operating Engineers Local 841||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$82,221|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Bacon raised $210,228 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Aiming Higher PAC||$79,359|
|Indiana Chamber Of Commerce||$23,276|
|Indiana Republican Party||$17,712|
|Hoosiers For Economic Growth||$17,436|
Bacon and his wife, Karen, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ron + Bacon + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Southern Indiana legislators participate in Suits and Sneaker - Princeton Daily Clarion
- Local legislators discuss priorities with Chamber members at luncheon | VIDEO - Evansville Courier & Press
- Local legislators answer questions before session - 14 News WFIE Evansville
- Local lawmakers talk about HJR-3 - 14 News WFIE Evansville
- Indiana House of Representatives - Ron Bacon
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Ron Bacon "Endorsements" Accessed April 27, 2012
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Bacon, Ron," accessed September 10, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Indiana House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |