|New Mexico Senate District 34|
|2012 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Mayor of Alamogordo|
|Bachelor's||New Mexico State Univeristy|
|Place of birth||Portales, New Mexico|
Griggs earned a bachelor's in Business Administration from New Mexico State University. His professional experience includes being the former owner of Alamogordo Title Company, serving six years as Mayor Pro-Tem of Alamogordo and three years as Mayor of Alamogordo..
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Griggs served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Public Affairs|
Griggs highlighted the following as issues important to his campaign:
- 2nd Amendment Rights
- Small, transparent government
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Griggs ran in the 2012 election for New Mexico State Senate District 34. He ran and won against Sarah Dion Kidd-Johnson in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Griggs defeated Ellen E. Wedum in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|New Mexico State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|New Mexico State Senate, District 34 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Sarah Dion Kidd-Johnson||42.5%||1,316|
Comprehensive donor information for Griggs is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Griggs raised a total of $59,687 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 23, 2013.
|Ron Griggs's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||New Mexico State Senate, District 34||$59,687|
|Grand Total Raised||$59,687|
2012Griggs won election to the New Mexico State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Griggs raised a total of $59,687.
|New Mexico State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Griggs's campaign in 2012|
|Heyco Energy Group||$2,300|
|Crimmins Family Trust||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$59,687|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Griggs’ endorsements included the following:
- Former state House of Representative Terry Marquardt
Griggs is married to Joan and they have two children and one granddaughter.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Griggs + New Mexico + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico State Senate
- Senate Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Las Cruces Sun-News, "Governor appoints Ron Griggs to NM Senate vacancy," accessed December 14, 2012
- www.rongriggs.com, "Family & Personal," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," accessed May 12, 2014(Archived)
- followthemoney.org, "Griggs, Ron," accessed May 23, 2013
- www.alamogordonews.com, "Griggs run for senate supported by Marquardt," accessed May 12, 2014
|New Mexico Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|