Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Nebraska State Senate District 17|
Hartnett's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Bright ideas for 2012
- "Casino gambling to fill state coffers"
- "Iowa casinos took in more than $1.3 billion during fiscal year ending June 30."
- "Taxes and fees generated $267 million for state’s general fund."
- "South Dakota grossed $102 million in the same period."
- "Revenue contributed $16.5 million to the state"
Greater bandwidth for college communities. Harness I.T. revolution. These will be our job factories of the future.
- "Generate vast stores of info"
- "Educate these workers to do high-value-added jobs: the only way we can maintain a middle class"
- "Develop ultra high-speed networks"
- "Develop into ecosystems—innovation is key"
- "Manufacture more products and services"
- "Recycle all plastic."
- "User-friendly places for plastic."
Abolish term limits
- "Another example of being over cautious are the term limits."
- "Voters should be given the right to choose who they want to be as their representative."
- "They make this decision every four years—do not take this power out of their hands."
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2012
|Nebraska State Senate District 17 Nonpartisan Primary Nonpartisan Primary, 2012|
|Dave Bloomfield Incumbent||52.9%||1,851|
|Darrick J. Barclay||4.1%||144|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Hartnett + Nebraska + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart