|Ohio House of Representatives District 78|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 91|
|1995 - 2000, 2005 - 2006|
|Bachelor's||Ohio State University, 1991|
Hood represented House District 91 from 1995 to 2000 and 2005 to 2006.
Hood earned his B.S. in Business Administration with focuses on Marketing and Economics from Ohio State University in 1991. He has worked as a marketing consultant at American Way Investment Corporation.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hood served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Labor, and Technology|
|• Economic Development and Regulatory Reform|
|• Health and Aging|
Hood's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As an economics major, I have an understanding of what works and what doesn’t work. In my four terms in the Ohio Legislature, I have opposed every effort to raise taxes. If government would return to Ronald Reagan’s philosophy of spending less while simultaneously reducing the tax burden, the economy would grow."
- Excerpt: "We must have the courage to fix the tax and regulatory structure in Ohio to make us more competitive to our neighboring states, including Indiana. Job creators will overlook Ohio when deciding where to locate their facilities. In order to bring jobs to our district, we must be competitive with other states."
- Excerpt: "I am proud to be 100% pro-life and always have been. I have exercised my convictions by working to move forward legislative efforts to protect life from the moment of fertilization."
- Excerpt: "As your Representative, I guarantee I will not support any law that will infringe upon the rights of legal, law-abiding Ohioans to own or use firearms to protect themselves, their families or their property."
- Excerpt: "As a husband and father of young children I am very concerned about government's intrusion into our families. The traditional family is the root of a stable society, and my pledge to you is that I will work to protect traditional marriage and the rights of the traditional family in all aspects of my job as your State Representative."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Laina Fetherolf Rogers was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Ron Hood was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hood and Fetherolf Rogers will face off in the general election.
Hood won election in the 2012 election for Ohio House District 78. Hood defeated Christopher Lobb in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Jeremy Vanmeter (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 78, General Election, 2012|
|Ohio State House of Representatives, District 78 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Ron Hood Incumbent||69.6%||9,506|
Comprehensive donor information for Hood is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hood raised a total of $168,938 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Ron Hood's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 78||$168,938|
|Grand Total Raised||$168,938|
2012Hood won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Hood raised a total of $168,938.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Hood's campaign in 2012|
|Uihlein, Richard E.||$16,500|
|Patterson, Dennis J.||$11,500|
|Hood, Ronald E.||$10,464|
|Young, Glenn L.||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$168,938|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
In 2012, Hood was endorsed by the following:
- Ohio Pro-Life Action
- Ohio Right To Life
- National Association For Gun Rights
- Citizens For Community Values Action
- Associated Builders and Contractors
Hood and his wife, Michal, have three children. They currently reside in Ashville, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ron + Hood + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Ron Hood on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State - March 6, 2012 election results
- followthemoney.org, "Hood, Ron," accessed June 5, 2013
- ronhood.com - Endorsements
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 78
| Succeeded by|
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |