|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9B|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kresha served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture Policy|
|• Early Childhood and Youth Development Policy|
|• Education Policy|
|• State Government Finance and Veterans Affairs|
Kresha's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Solutions & Responsibility
- Excerpt: "My parents expected me to take responsibility for my actions. I expect it of my children, and I certainly expect responsibility from the leaders in St. Paul. If you choose me, I will listen and keep you informed on the decisions being made."
- Excerpt: "I have always believed that our future generations will continue to make this nation great. But, if we are aborting our children before they even leave the womb, not only are we committing a terrible atrocity, but we are passing along the wrong values to our future men and women."
Tax and Budget Reform
- Excerpt: "While we currently hold a cash reserve, the State has some work to do to a create structural balance in the budget. A structural balance between revenue and expenses can be accomplished by looking for long-term solutions that include tax reform, closing loopholes, and eliminating wasteful spending."
Jobs and Employees
- Excerpt: "I believe we should 'create and maintaining a competitive business environment to promote economic prosperity and once again make Minnesota the economic engine of the Upper Midwest.'"
- Excerpt: "St. Paul is driving too many decisions for our schools and we don’t trust our local officials enough. That needs to change."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 12, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014.
Kresha won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 9B. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Adrian Welle (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 9B, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kresha is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kresha raised a total of $29,444 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Ron Kresha's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota House, District 9B||$29,444|
|Grand Total Raised||$29,444|
2012Kresha won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Kresha raised a total of $29,444.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Kresha's campaign in 2012|
|Mike Lemieur House Dist 12B Committee||$1,000|
|8th Congressional District Republican Party of Minnesota||$1,000|
|Morrison County Republican Party of Minnesota||$825|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,444|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Kresha + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- "ronkresha," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 19, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Kresha, Ron," accessed December 12, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
Paul Marquart (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 9B
| Succeeded by|
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |