|Idaho House of Representatives District 3A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Land services and excavating|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mendive served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Human Resources|
|• Environment, Energy, and Technology|
Mendive's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I will support the right of the unborn child. Since Roe vs. Wade, over 50 million babies were denied the "right to life." Roe vs. Wade is an example of a law imposed by unelected judges. Result: a dismissal of an individual's contribution to the legislative process."
- Excerpt: "I believe the citizens of Idaho own its natural resources. It has been said, "all wealth comes from the ground." The U.S. Forest Service Draft Management plan for the North Idaho Panhandle seeks to lock the people out of federal lands and lock our natural resources in, i.e. timber, minerals."
- Excerpt: "I believe in personal property rights. The ability to own private property is a God given right and the corner stone of our Republic. Government was instituted to protect such rights, not to over regulate or "take away" our rights."
Mendive ran in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 3A. He defeated Jeff Tyler in the Republican primary on May 15, 2012 by nine votes, and defeated Democratic candidate David Larsen in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 3A, General Election, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 3A Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Mendive received a score of 118 points in the 2013 index, ranking 5th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ron + Mendive + Idaho + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Mendive's website
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Mendive for Idaho, "Homepage," accessed October 5, 2012
- Office of the Idaho Secretary of State "List of All Candidate Declarations for 2012," Accessed March 26, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed 4 July 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Freedom Foundation "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Vito Barbieri (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 3A
| Succeeded by|