|Florida House of Representatives District 43|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
He is a member of the Citrus Historical Society, East Citrus Republican Club, Florida Association of Property Appraisers, Homosassa River Alliance, International Association of Assessing Officers, Nature Coast Republican Club, North Suncoast Republican Club, and Property Appraisers Association of Florida.
Schultz did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Elder & Family Services Policy Committee
- Finance & Tax Council
- Military & Local Affairs Policy Committee
- PreK-12 Appropriations Committee
Schultz's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 563 - "Homestead Property: Provides for specified minors to be deemed permanent residents of homestead property for specified purposes; provides for nonapplication of specified homestead abandonment provisions to minors inheriting homestead property."
- HB 931 - "Local Government Budgets: Conforms provisions relating to proposed court & sheriff budgets; revises categories for expenditures; revises provisions for preparation of county budgets, special district budgets, tentative county budgets, & municipal budgets; requires such budgets to be posted on website"
- HB 1215 - "Pari-mutuel Facilities: Revises provisions relating to quarter horse permitholders, quarter horse race meetings, quarter horse racing license, business & occupational licenses, fees for such licenses, licensing periods & renewal cycles, fingerprints & criminal history screening, fees for screenings, cruelty to animals prohibition"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site
Schultz ran for re-election to the 43rd District seat in 2010. He lost to Jimmie Todd Smith in the August 24 primary by a margin of 15,723-15,307. No Democrats filed to run for the seat. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
Below are Schultz's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$583|
|FL Roofing Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors Assoc||$500|
|Real Property Probate & Trust Law Section of the FL Bar Assoc||$500|
|Southern Wine & Spirits||$500|
- Ron Schultz's personal website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Ron Schultz
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
|Florida House of Representatives District 43
| Succeeded by|
Jimmie Todd Smith
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |