|Former candidate for|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 75|
|Profession||Grundy County Board Chairman|
Severson studied Macro-Economics at Bryant & Stratton Business College in Chicago, Illinois. His professional experience includes working as an internal investigator at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, owner of Severson Radio Network and partner at White Willow Polled Herefords. Severson served in Vietnam as a Sergeant in the 42nd Artillery, 4th Infantry Division.
He currently serves as Grundy County Board Chairman, but has been a member of the board since 2002.
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 18, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Martha J. Shugart ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent John D. Anthony defeated Ron Severson in the Republican primary. Anthony then defeated Shugart in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives District 75, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||John D. Anthony Incumbent||58%||19,618|
|Democratic||Martha J. Shugart||42%||14,231|
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 75 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John D. Anthony Incumbent||60.5%||6,083|
Severson and his wife, Lois, have two sons and five grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ron + Severson + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biographical information submission, February 26, 2014]
- Grundy County, "Ron Severson," accessed February 19, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- The Chicago Tribune, "Results List (Unofficial)," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |