|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$173/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Travis is an insurance agent operating five offices in Eastern Tennessee.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Travis served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Insurance and Banking|
Travis ran in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31. Travis defeated incumbent Jim Cobb in the August 2 primary election. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jim Cobb Incumbent||49.4%||4,255|
Comprehensive donor information for Travis is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Travis raised a total of $73,338 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 28, 2013.
|Ron Travis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 31||$73,338|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,338|
2012Travis won re-election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Travis raised a total of $73,338.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ron Travis's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Legislative Campaign Cmte||$2,000|
|Swafford, Samuel L||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$73,338|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Travis and his wife, Laura, have two children. They currently reside in Dayton, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ron + Travis + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Serena Ryder Has Been Stompa-ing All Over America - Huffington Post Canada
- Ryan Loskarn, Fired Lamar Alexander Staffer, Expected In Court - Huffington Post
- Best R&B Albums Of 2013 (And Thoughts On The 'Gentrification' Of The Genre) - Huffington Post Canada
- Quebec Teen David Thibault Nails Elvis Presley's 'Blue Christmas' (VIDEO) - Huffington Post Canada
- Hero Teen Aubrey Peters Remembered At Candlelight Vigil - Huffington Post
- From scandal-plagued politicians to natural disasters, a look back at 2013 - Montreal Gazette
- Best Christmas Songs: Top 20 Holiday Tunes To Spin This Festive Season - Huffington Post Canada
- Best Hip-Hop Albums Of 2013 - Huffington Post Canada
- Ronald Westbrook, Alzheimer's Sufferer, Fatally Shot Knocking On The Wrong ... - Huffington Post
- Blount County grand jury indicts man on animal cruelty, stalking charges - Maryville Daily Times
Jim Cobb (R)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 31
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |