Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 8|
|1992 - present|
|December 3, 2014|
|Years in position||22|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Retired police officer|
Belanger served on the Salem Board of Selectmen.
Belanger attended Bunker Hill Community College. Now retired, Belanger's professional experience includes working as a police officer and private investigator..
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Belanger served on the following committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Consumer Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Belanger served on this committee:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Commerce and Consumer Affairs|
Elections for the office of New Hampshire House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 13, 2014. Five candidates are unopposed in the Democratic primary, while nineteen candidates will face off in the Republican primary. A full list of candidates running in this district can be found here.
Belanger won re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 8. Belanger advanced past the September 11 primary and won re-election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Belanger advanced past the September 14 primary election. He faced incumbent Carolyn Webber (D), incumbent David Bettencourt (R), incumbent Mary Griffin (R), incumbent Charles McMahon (R), incumbent Marilinda Garcia (R), incumbent David Bates (R), incumbent Walter Kolodziej (R), Kevin Waterhouse (R), incumbent Robert Elliott (R), Daphne Kenyon (D), Ann Kern (D), Matthew Groch (D), Jane Lang (D), Jocelyn Leary (D), Christine White-Rogers (D), Lori Demaine (D), Neil Fallon (D), Ellie Rouillard (D), Thomas Witham (D), Henri Azibert (D), Matthew O'Shaughnessy (D), John Sytek (R), Richard Okerman (R), Gary Azarian (R), and Donna Mauro (R) in the November 2 general election.
On November 4, 2008, Belanger won election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives from the Rockingham 4 District, which sent thirteen representatives to the New Hampshire House of Representatives, by finishing with the fifth-highest vote total in the election. Belanger received 9,155 votes. The other winning candidates from Rockingham 4 were David Bettencourt (R) with 10,390 votes, Mary Griffin (R) with 10,171 votes, Charles McMahon (R) with 9,297 votes, Anne Priestley (R) with 9,197 votes, Anthony DiFruscia (R) with 9,098 votes, Russell Ingram (R) with 8,367 votes, Robert Elliott (R) with 8,324 votes, Mark Pearson (R) with 8,293 votes, Margaret Crisler (R) with 7,886 votes, Walter Kolodziej (R) with 7,744 votes, David Bates (R) with 7,674 votes, and Carolyn Webber (D) with 7,624 votes. The losing candidates in the race were Marilinda Garcia (R) with 7,472 votes, Jessica Garofalo (D) with 6,544 votes, Doris Flaherty (D) with 6,216 votes, Michael Caruso (D) with 6,204 votes, Carol Schneider (D) with 6,158 votes, Connor O'Brien (D) with 6,089 votes, Camron Iannaflo (D) with 6,041 votes, Fran Brennan (D) with 5,675 votes, Frank Kern (D) with 5,326 votes, Lori Demaine (D) with 5,249 votes, Gerald Capron (D) with 4,423 votes, Henri Azibert (D) with 4,254 votes, and Neelima Gogumalla (D) with 4,160 votes.
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Belanger was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
Belanger is widowed and has three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Ronald + Belanger + New + Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Hampshire General Court
- New Hampshire state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2014 Filing Period," accessed July 1, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2012 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 16, 2014
- New Hampshire Secretary of State, "State General Election - November 4, 2008," accessed May 16, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Belanger