|Arkansas State Senate District 23|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Caldwell served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Rules, Resolutions and Memorials, Vice Chair|
|• Legislative Council|
|• Public Health, Welfare and Labor|
|• Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development|
|• City, County and Local Affairs|
|• Joint Energy|
|• Legislative Facilities|
Caldwell ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas Senate, District 23. Caldwell was selected to be the nominee for the Republican Party after the sudden death of Republican nominee Tommy Caubble. Caldwell defeated Jerry Brown (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Caldwell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Caldwell raised a total of $75,570 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 6, 2013.
|Ronald Caldwell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Arkansas State Senate, District 23||$75,570|
|Grand Total Raised||$75,570|
2012Caldwell won election to the Arkansas State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Caldwell raised a total of $75,570.
|Arkansas State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ronald Caldwell's campaign in 2012|
|Arkansas Healthcare Association||$4,000|
|Arkansas Republican Party||$2,500|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$75,570|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on the principles the Advance Arkansas Institute seeks to promote: free markets, individual liberty and limited transparent government.
- Legislators are scored on the bills that the CFC found most important.
- Legislators are scored on the bills specifically supported by Arkansas Learns.
- Arkansas State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed September 13, 2012
- Talk Business, "Caldwell To Run For State Senate – Vacancy Created by Caubble’s Passing," July 19, 2012
- Republican Party of Arkansas, "State Senate Candidates," accessed September 14, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Caldwell, Ronald," accessed August 6, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 1, 2014
Jerry Taylor (D)
|Arkansas State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|