|Arkansas State Senate District 23|
| January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 10, 2015|
|Years in position ||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
is a Republican
member of the Arkansas State Senate
, representing District 23. He was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Caldwell served on the following committees:
Caldwell ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas Senate, District 23. Caldwell was selected to be the nominee for the Republican Party after the sudden death of Republican nominee Tommy Caubble. Caldwell defeated Jerry Brown (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012
|| Jerry Brown
Comprehensive donor information for Caldwell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Caldwell raised a total of $75,570 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 6, 2013.
Caldwell won election to the Arkansas State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Caldwell raised a total of $75,570
|Arkansas State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ronald Caldwell's campaign in 2012|
|Arkansas Healthcare Association||$4,000|
|Arkansas Republican Party||$2,500|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$75,570|
|Source:Follow the Money
Arkansas Freedom Scorecard
- See also: Arkansas's Freedom Scorecard
The Advance Arkansas Institute, an Arkansas-based nonprofit research and educational organization, released "Arkansas's Freedom Scorecard" in 2012 and 2013. The scorecard seeks to show how Arkansas legislators voted on the principles the Institute seeks to promote. It measures each state legislator in six categories, which include economic freedom, education reform, good government, personal liberty, small government and tax/budget policy. Scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Institute.
Caldwell received a score of 64% in the 2013 scorecard, ranking 20th out of 35 members of the Arkansas State Senate that were evaluated for the study.
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed September 13, 2012
- ↑ Talk Business, "Caldwell To Run For State Senate – Vacancy Created by Caubble’s Passing," July 19, 2012
- ↑ Republican Party of Arkansas, "State Senate Candidates," accessed September 14, 2012
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Caldwell, Ronald," accessed August 6, 2013
- ↑ Advance Arkansas Institute, "Arkansas’s Freedom Scorecard 2012"
| Political offices
Jerry Taylor (D)
|Arkansas State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|