|Alabama House of Representatives District 33|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||36|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University, 1965|
|Master's||Auburn University, 1968|
|Birthday||September 21, 1943|
|Place of birth||Bonifay, FL|
Johnson is currently a pharmacist and partner with Medical Care Equipment Incorporated.
Johnson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Economic Development and Incentives
- Subcommittee on Health Care Costs, Ranking Minority Member
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Anthony Zachero is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Ronald Johnson is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Johnson won re-election to the 33rd District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Johnson raised $117,363 for his campaign, while Curtis raised $6,890.
|Alabama State House, District 33 (2006)|
|Ronald Johnson (R)||6,709|
|Clara L. Curtis (D)||3,832|
In 2010, Johnson raised $64,200 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Trucking Association||$5,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
|Alabama State Employees Association||$3,000|
In 2006, Johnson collected $117,363 in donations.
Below are Johnson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|Business Council of AL||$5,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$5,000|
|AL Trucking Assoc||$5,000|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
Johnson and his wife, Susan, have one child.
He is a member of the Alabama Pharmaceutical Association, American Pharmaceutical Association, Auburn Kiwanis Club, Executive Board of the South, Maryland Pharmaceutical Association, National Federation of Independent Business, South Talladega County Pharmaceutical Association, Sylacauga Chamber of Commerce, Sylacauga Retail Merchants Association, and Talladega Kiwanis Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ronald + Johnson + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama Legislature - Ronald Johnson
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Johnson
|Alabama House District 33
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|