For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Third Norfolk|
|1993 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Massachusetts, Boston|
|Date of birth||October 31, 1946|
|Place of birth||Quincy, Massachusetts|
Mariano was a teacher. He previously served on the Quincy School Committee from 1989-1995.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mariano served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Rules Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mariano served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Rules Joint|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on September 9, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Ronald Mariano was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Patricia Kriegel was unopposed in the Republican primary. Mariano defeated Kriegel in the general election.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Third Norfolk District General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Ronald Mariano Incumbent||66.1%||8,702|
Mariano won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Third Norfolk District. Mariano was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Third Norfolk District (2010)|
|Ronald Mariano (D)||8,874|
|Gary Lowell (I)||5,054|
Mariano raised $181,456 for his campaign.
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Third Norfolk (2008)|
|Arthur Mariano (D)||14,643|
In 2010, Mariano received $127,548 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ronald Mariano's campaign in 2010|
|Sheridan, Robert K||$1,000|
|Retired Public Employees||$1,000|
|Cashman, Jay M||$1,000|
|Carroll, Francis R||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$127,548|
Mariano raised $181,456 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Bill Delahunt Massachusetts PAC||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|Robert K. Sheridan||$1,000|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 17||$1,000|
|William E. Ryan||$1,000|
|Thomas P. Carney||$1,000|
|Dennis V, Drinkwater||$1,000|
|Susan P. Oliverio||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Bankers Association||$1,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Associated Industries of Massachusetts: 2011-2012 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization of employers.
- Mass Audubon: 2011-2012 Report Card
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
- Massachusetts Public Interest Research Group 2011-2012 Public Interest Research Group
- Legislators are scored on votes on issues including health care costs, consumer protection, recycling, transportation and democracy.
Mariano has been Co-Chair of the Baird and Maquire Task Force, Coordinator of President's Youth Basketball, and a member of the Quincy College Board of Governors and the Quincy Public Schools Athletic Contribution Committee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ronald + Mariano + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Ron Mariano on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mariano
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2014 State Primary Candidates," accessed September 9, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed February 13, 2014
- 2008 Massachusetts Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Norfolk 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |