|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Third Norfolk|
|1993 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||21|
|Per diem||$10 - $100/day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Massachusetts, Boston|
|Birthday||October 31, 1946|
|Place of birth||Quincy, Massachusetts|
Mariano was a teacher. He previously served on the Quincy School Committee from 1989-1995.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mariano served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Rules Joint|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mariano served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Rules Joint|
Mariano won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Third Norfolk District. Mariano was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives General Election, Third Norfolk District (2010)|
|Ronald Mariano (D)||8,874|
|Gary Lowell (I)||5,054|
Mariano raised $181,456 for his campaign.
|Massachusetts State House of Representatives, Third Norfolk (2008)|
|Arthur Mariano (D)||14,643|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Mariano received $127,548 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Ronald Mariano's campaign in 2010|
|Sheridan, Robert K||$1,000|
|Retired Public Employees||$1,000|
|Cashman, Jay M||$1,000|
|Carroll, Francis R||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$127,548|
Mariano raised $181,456 in the 2008 election cycle.
His major contributors are listed below.
|Bill Delahunt Massachusetts PAC||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents||$1,000|
|Robert K. Sheridan||$1,000|
|Sheet Metal Workers Local 17||$1,000|
|William E. Ryan||$1,000|
|Thomas P. Carney||$1,000|
|Dennis V, Drinkwater||$1,000|
|Susan P. Oliverio||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Bankers Association||$1,000|
Mariano has been Co-Chair of the Baird and Maquire Task Force, Coordinator of President's Youth Basketball, and a member of the Quincy College Board of Governors and the Quincy Public Schools Athletic Contribution Committee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Ronald + Mariano + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Ron Mariano on LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mariano
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "2012 State Primary Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusets Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 6, 2012," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, "Return of Votes - For Massachusetts State Election - November 4, 2008," accessed February 13, 2014
- 2008 Massachusetts Election Fundraising, Candidates
- Follow the Money, "Massachusetts 2010 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Massachusetts House donor numbers
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Norfolk 3
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |