Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Maine House of Representatives District 150|
|Bachelor's||Merrimack College (1966)|
|Place of birth||Lawrence, Massachusetts|
Prior to retirement, McAllister worked in higher education for 35 years as a professor, department chair, dean, and president of an education-oriented non-profit.
McAllister's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We need to redirect more spending to early childhood education. The enormous return on investments in the first three years of a child’s life is unmatched by any other equivalent period."
Healthcare and MaineCare
- Excerpt:"I support the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in Maine and the expansion of MaineCare to everyone who needs it."
- Excerpt:"We must have a balanced budget but we also must have a budget that is fair. We cannot slash programs for people dependent on state support without closely examining all other nonessential services."
- Excerpt:"Manufacturing may never be what it once was in Maine, but that does not mean that our economic fortunes must inevitably decline. Our quality of life should be attractive to many companies and workers for whom modern technology has lessened the need for a costly big city location."
- Excerpt:"We need to become more efficient in our buildings and more conservative of our natural resources. While we are unlikely to see the day when we are completely energy self-sufficient, we must develop clean renewable alternatives."
McAllister ran in the 2012 election for Maine House of Representatives District 150. McAllister ran unopposed in the June 12 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Windol Weaver (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 150, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Windol Weaver Incumbent||52%||2,657|
McAllister and his wife Judith have six children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Ronald + McAllister + Maine + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |